|Sep 03, 2019||Sep 30, 2019||Colnbrook, UK||12 Month FTC|
- Develop strong relationships with Asendia UK carriers, with the aim of achieving both WNDirect and Asendia UK contracted service levels. Relationship building includes on-site visits at carrier facilities as well as daily/weekly/monthly communications with carriers.
- Ensure carriers’ ways of working, standard operating procedures and safe practices are aligned with Asendia service levels and values.
- Analyse carrier service delivery and performance data/ reporting (wnDirect, Asendia UKMetapack, WN Carrier). Work with carriers to ensure that reporting received from them is fit for purpose.
- Manage carrier performance, regarding performance analysis and service level and contractual expectations.
- Develop industry-level subject matter expertise within the carrier base and share this internally with Operations, Service Support and Asendia UK management.
- Notify line manager and other key stakeholders of issues requiring escalation and/or additional focus to resolve.
- Identify and resolve any issues which threaten the movement of parcels or service performance in each lane.
- Continually look to improve and streamline reporting and communication processes with Carriers and the rest of the business.
- Educated to A Level standard
- 2 Years + in international logistics/ transportation/ supply chain
- Advanced Excel and comfortable using statistic data to bring about change
- Motivated and proud to deliver excellent customer service for Asendia UK, our clients and partners.
- Manages and demonstrates leadership when working with team and carrier stakeholders.
- Self-starter and works well as part of the team. Able to plan workload and work in a structured way to complete daily and weekly activities.
- Communicates well, in a personable and professional manner, with colleagues, heads of department, carriers and partners on the phone, by email and face to face.
- Confident and able to demonstrate gravitas when communicating with carriers and representing Asendia UK.
- Flexible to meet the needs of busier periods for Asendia UK and our clients, for example over retailers’ Peak trading season (November to January).
- Dependable to follow instructions and to keep commitments. Can adapt to change.
Our mission is to excel in every interaction with our customers. Our values are trust, friendliness, ease of use and our commitment to sustainability.
We recognise that you spend more time at work than you do at home, so to compensate we offer a dynamic and informal work environment in a spacious, fun, open planned office in Colnbrook, Berkshire. We are located close to Heathrow airport, ideal for those with a keen interest in plane spotting.
Employee wellbeing and corporate social responsibility is at the heart of our core values. We wish to instil a strong culture of corporate social responsibility within every employee from the top down, and hope to create a positive and productive environment where employees can thrive.
If this sounds like the kind of place you would like to work and the sort of role you are looking for, then get in touch, we are waiting to hear from you.
Please send your application to Recruitment.firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning the reference number "Trainee Carrier Manager "